Job ID: 4664
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Under general supervision, analyzes requirements, and develops and installs computer programs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are written and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements. Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs. Writes and maintains technical specifications. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections. Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Researches and coordinates selection, installation and testing of existing programs.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies to assess trends.
- Provides guidance and training to less-experienced systems analysis and programming personnel.
Essential Experience, Education and Skillset
- B.A, or B.S. degree in Business Admin. ,Computer Science or Information technology.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in developing window/web applications, reports, and integrations using VB6, .Net, REST interface, SSRS
- Ability to consult with business unit management and personnel to gather information about program needs, and analyze and write technical specifications.
- Ability to design and code screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems, and convert moderately complex designs and specifications into computer code.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence in order to prepare and maintain technical specifications program documentation.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and groups of managers and personnel in order to consult and provide technical assistance.
Key Success Factors
- Successfully design and code applications using VB6 and .Net
- Successfully support, enhance, and create windows application, web applications, and REST APIs
- Successfully maintain and create reports using SSRS