Job ID: 4792
Foothills Consulting Group is partnering with one of its’ clients in the Media & Entertainment industry based in Santa Monica, CA, who is seeking a Technical Program Manager / Agilist for a long-term contract opportunity.
S/he will be responsible for driving and guiding Agile team execution, monitoring and communicating progress, and ensuring proper definition of technical requirements for projects and features.
You’ll need to thrive, and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes.
This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks.
The successful candidate will be a recognized role model for their leadership and technical abilities. The right person for this role has a strong focus on understanding business expectations and requirements, sets a high bar for themselves, likes to solve problems, and is tenacious when developing and instituting new processes and influencing adoption across technology and business.
In addition, you’ll be interacting with various other technical and product teams, gathering technical requirements, learning about their system pain points and communicating on roadmap status.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive agile development and wear the hat of Scrum Master and coach multiple teams through the BI software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices.
- Manage impediments and drive consensus within engineering teams and between business and technologies.
- Hold teams accountable for sprint deliverables and able to show progress using agile artifacts. Able to provide guidance and leadership to ensure successful completion of team tasks.
- Manage requirements, relationships, dependencies, risks, timelines and deliverables.
- Run cross-functional team meetings efficiently and connect the dots to anticipate metrics and reporting needs.
- Work with engineering, business stakeholders and product to translate specifications into metrics/reporting requirements resulting in comprehensive execution plans.
- Support the Program Management team in driving project schedules and deliverables to completion.
- Investigate, track and resolve production issues for any given project through communication with a wide array of stakeholders.
- Exhibit a high tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective guidance
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS degree in CS or analytics related major
- 10+ years of experience in software program management, preferably with focus on data – reporting, relational databases or big-data technology
- 5+ years of experience in Agile software development with expertise in Scrum methodology and practices
- Capable of working independently and keeping your team motivated in tough situations
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data
- Good understanding of ETL processing, reporting (SSRS), relational databases (MSSQL, MySql)
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with big data platform technologies – Hadoop, Presto, Hive – and basic data visualization (Tableau)
- Familiarity with Agile Tool(s) (Rally/VersionOne/Jira)