Job ID: 4357
Systems Administration Specialist (Storage)
Supports daily operations in the department responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure. Ensures that hardware and/or software operate in a secure and efficient manner that meets the needs of the organization.
Information Technology Department
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, abilities and experiences, which includes but is not limited to:
- 3-5 years of experience in Systems administration experience (minimum) with additional expertise on enterprise-level storage and data center operations
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Server (2003/2008) administration and
- Expertise in enterprise-level backup/restoration technologies, solutions, and
- Expertise with Dell Compellent SAN or other similar technologies
- Expertise with HP 3 Par SAN or other similar technologies
- Extensive experience performing day-to-day systems administration, support, operation implementations maintenance and monitoring of the Microsoft server infrastructure to include experience with global configurations in an enterprise environment with backup and restore procedures, front end/back end setups, message flow and security.
- VMware certified professional (highly preferred)
- Extensive VDI experience
- Extensive experience with Vsphere 5.x/6.x and Vcenter console
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Active Directory (AD), IIS, server configurations,
- Experience with Commvault, or other similar backup solution and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with HP rack mounted servers and HP One view monitoring
- Experience with VOIP telecom system management and interfaces
- ITIL / ITSM certified or practical implementation experience (preferred)
- Strong analytical, leadership, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Professional level Microsoft Office skills
- TCP/IP stack configuration and troubleshooting
The primary job responsibilities of this role are managing the day-to-day system administration, support, maintenance and monitoring of the Microsoft server and storage infrastructure and support to networking operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing the daily system administration, support, maintenance and monitoring of the Microsoft server, enterprise storage, and VM infrastructures.
- Experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting e-mail access using Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- Experience with messaging and directory services technologies, including: LDAP (Active Directory), DHCP, DNS, SMTP, Internet domain records, group policy management.
- Ability to create, replicate and assign rights of Public Folder(s)
- Developing and maintaining security standards relating to messaging systems and services.
- Develop and document procedures and proactively manage and maintain server and storage network systems
- Expert administration and support of SAN and/or enterprise storage and disk technologies
- Develop and implement storage monitoring and reporting procedures
- Research and document best practice support procedures and continuity plans
- Design, install, configure, and maintain internal and customer facing servers/hosts and assists with operation and maintenance of network devices and firewalls
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions
- Implement Information Security/Assurance procedures and technologies
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection (preferred)
- Experience with security vulnerability scanning tools such as Retina Scan (preferred)
- Experience with WSUS / Patch Management (preferred)
- Managing product lifecycles to maintain vendor support, maintenance contracts and software licensing compliance as well as needed updates/upgrades.
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Project support services to include vendor coordination, information gathering, and documentation
- Provide occasional after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance actions
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
- Mentor / cross-train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred), or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSP) or equivalent certification in relevant systems (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2003/2008) /desktop Operating Systems (7/8/10)
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Experience with MS Exchange group policy – scripting, monitoring & reporting
- Experience managing deployments/rollouts
- Experience with HP rack mounted servers and HP monitoring utilities
- Experience with messaging and directory services technologies, including: LDAP(Active Directory), DHCP, DNS, SMTP, Internet domain records, group policy management.
- Extensive experience with data center storage SAN, such as Dell Compellent enterprise manager, and ability to troubleshoot storage and disk issues
- Experience with HP 3 Par SAN solution
- Experience with HP rack mounted server environments
- Experience managing server virtualization technologies such as VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- Solid experience and understanding of LAN/WAN networking protocols and technologies
- Experience supporting deployments/rollouts
- History of strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player