Job ID: 4651
The ALM Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the IT tools and systems used by the systems engineering community for systems design processes, including requirements management, functional design, logical design, and software design.
- Work with the systems engineering community to understand and document the current landscape of systems engineering tools and systems
- Support the systems engineering community in their daily activities. Research, resolve, and respond to highly complex system/process related issues in their area of responsibility and within our suite of hardware/software products.
- Participate in system emergency or crisis situations to define/implement workaround processes, corrective action, communication, and system clean-up activities.
- Support on-going business process improvement projects
- Work with the systems engineering community to understands the requirements, gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Participate in and/or drive business systems analysis and process redesign expertise within the business areas, in alignment with the PLM, CAD and ALM strategy, and meeting security, network, infrastructure/operations, and customer support requirements
- Customize/configure software to satisfy business requirements and process design
- Plan, coordinate and participate in system, integration and acceptance test efforts.
- Develop documentation that effectively feeds training and change management activities
- Conducts post-installation system review and monitor software and hardware consumption to plan upgrades as required
- Develop a strong working knowledge of PLM, CAD and ALM products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet business requirements
- Ensure the interoperability of the PLM, CAD, and ALM systems
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of experience with ALM and/or systems tools & systems
- 5+ years of experience within IT-Engineering Tools & Systems areas
- Proficiency with PLM, CAD and ALM systems
- Extensive business and systems analysis skills that support applications development.
- A good understanding of development and operational and processes within a company.
- Extensive experience with product development methodologies and engineering lifecycle activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to various internal business partners, levels of management as well as with external suppliers
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead and promote change in an environment of rapidly changing technologies and business processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work with little or no supervision.