Job ID: 5540
We have a full-time need for our client. Location is in Orange County, California. Must be a US Citizen. Local candidates highly preferred. Flexible work is allowed based on the proposed schedule. As a member of the Information Technology (IT) team, the Senior Manager Data Engineering will bring a broad range of analytical, technical, and architecture skills to the client’s evolving data landscape, serving as a key technology leader in the accessibility, processing, integration and definition of our data assets in a fully integrated cloud environment. This individual will help ensure completion of our data priorities and road maps, innovating solutions and maturing our current data capabilities.
The Senior Manager Data Engineering will play a pivotal role in operationalizing the most-urgent needs for client data and analytics initiatives. The bulk of the position’s work will be in building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers (like data analysts or any person that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases).
This position will also need to ensure compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines. This would enable faster data access, integrated data reuse and vastly improved time-to-solution for Client’s data and analytics initiatives. The Senior Manager Data Engineering will be measured on their ability to integrate analytics and (or) data science results with Client’s business processes to drive expected business results. This role will require both creative and collaborative work within IT, our data partners and the broader Client business teams. It will involve evangelizing effective data management practices and promoting better understanding of data and analytics applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the IT owner for the Master Data Management (MDM) process within the Commercial Data Warehouse (CDW) for Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Organizations, and other contact types which includes joint oversight of the data stewardship processes
- Own the Enterprise Data Model, integrate and develop Commercial data capabilities, including the Data Warehouse and any other data assets created to support future needs.
- Manage the day to day operations of contracted data aggregation and distribution partners as well as project partners
- Promote the available data and analytics capabilities within the Client Data Warehouse environment to business unit leaders and educate them in leveraging these capabilities to drive insights that help achieve their business goals
- Provide guidance and research in emerging technologies in business intelligence/ data management & build the foundation for future capabilities and automation requirements
- Partner with the Commercial Business Analytics & Insights team in the acquisition, prototyping and integration of commercial data sources into the CDW and any resulting restructure of the current data architecture
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team and external partners to monitor CDW data quality and integrity, identify data quality issues, execute remediation plans, implement data controls, and manage data quality remediation strategies.
- Document and collaboratively review the designs, code, test plans and dataset implementation efforts performed within the client's IT in support of maintaining data engineering standards
- Build CI/CD pipeline, test-driven development approaches and production deployment frameworks
- Identify, promote, and execute new ways to save cost by streamlining data and Data Warehouse related processes and technical architecture
- Establish & optimize interfaces between the Data Warehouse, key business applications (Veeva, Expense reporting, etc.) and reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar and 12+ years of experience working with data warehouse and data integration technologies.
- Experience with Snowflake, Cassandra, & other data technologies (Big Data & Conventional RDBMS, Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Redshift, etc.); experience implementing data engineering solutions for the same.
- Data warehouse infrastructure automation technologies, such as: Continuous Integration/ Delivery (CI/CD, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, VSTS, TFS, etc.) and source control tools (SVN, Git)
- Experience with Master Data Services (MDS) and Master Data Management (MDM)
- Data and business application integration (experience integrating with SalesForce and Veeva preferred)
- Experience in AWS/Azure cloud along with pipeline platforms and languages such as DataStax, Scala, Java, and Python are preferred
- Understanding of cloud architecture, cloud data warehousing, MPP data warehousing, data lakes, and data virtualization
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and common web applications
- Ability to multitask effectively with critical assignments and prioritize competing demands effectively
- Ability to translate complex technical ideas to a business audience through effective communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Core competencies for this role include:
- Adapt to Change – demonstrate Organizational Awareness, Self-Awareness, Proactivity and Learning Agility
- Work Collaboratively – embody Teamwork, influence without authority, and demonstrate Technical Expertise
- Apply Judgment – effectively leverage Prioritization, Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills to achieve superior results