Job ID: 5277
IT Project Manager / Scrum Master
The IT Project Manager/Scrum Master is responsible to effectively and efficiently manage the project and development sprints from planning to execution in an agile environment to deliver identified business value.
The Project Manager/Scrum Master shall:
- Develop project and sprint plans that support the business objectives, timelines, budgets, resources, milestones, and project deliverables.
- Lead teams in implementing Scrum in order to maximize velocity. Work with Product Manager and key business stakeholders to ensure high value features are delivered at agreed time.
- Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams.
- Actively participate in assisting the team resolving issues, removing roadblocks and escalate as needed.
- Prepare and conduct periodic status reports to update project teams and executive management regularly on progress, risks and issues
- Track progress daily through burn up, burn down and velocity tracking. Understand and help manage product back log.
- Possess a deep understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning.
- Coach team members as needed, including resolving conflict.
- 8+ years IT Project Management experience
- 5+ years Scrum Master experience
- Demonstrable expertise of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Proven ability to drive project planning and execution process and add value beyond just a task-oriented doer or project manager
- Familiarity with Waterfall software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Excellent communicator in person, over the phone and through email
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to function in a fast moving and rapidly evolving environment
- Self-motivated, organized
- Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree a plus
- SAFe Agilist certification
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Planview