Job ID: 5630
12-18 months-Remote USA!
Our client is an American communications company based in California, with additional operations across the United States and worldwide, and a provider of high-speed satellite broadband services and secure networking systems covering military and commercial markets.
They are building out a financial data warehouse to pull financial and other statistical data into a singular platform that can be used for decision making and other self-service reporting. They are currently seeking contributors to leverage the latest RDBMS and Big data technologies to instrument, ingest, store, process, and analyze the torrent of data our operational systems produce.
They have a mix of traditional RDBMS and MPP databases and are looking for someone who knows how to organize data (curate) in a human understandable way, understands how to select the correct tool for the job, and is excited to learn new things.
What will you do in this role?
As a Data Engineer/Consultant, you will work as part of a Data Warehouse team and will report to the Data Warehouse Architect. Primary responsibilities include curating data processes that populate databases as well as troubleshooting, monitoring and coordinating defect resolution related to ETL processing. You will collaborate with the architects, analysts, data scientists, and developers, and resolve complex data design issues, provide optimal solutions that meet business requirements and benefits system performance.
- 4 – 7 years’ progressive experience architecting, configuring and designing data structures, curating data, troubleshooting, monitoring and coordinating defect resolution related to ETL processing
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Familiarity with RDBMS technologies (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Working experience in data ingestions and automation, batch processing, and near real-time data processing frameworks and storage (Some examples include: Airflow, Amazon Web Services, Pentaho, Spark Streaming, Mesos or Kubernetes)
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume data warehouses including data lakes, data marts, ETL and serverless microservices with role as developer using one of the following: Java, Python, or Scala
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field
- Proven team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic agile work environment
- Travel up to 10%
- U.S Citizen or Green Card holder is a requirement due to government contracts.
- Experience with Oracle ERP ingestion to data warehouse
- Understanding of distributed and parallel computing architectures
- Built highly-available, API-driven web services before (Node.js, Akka, Angular.js)
- Experience with high control environments (encryption technologies, SOX compliance and structuring data for role based security)
Hourly rate is negotiable on a W-2 or C2c. We are looking for talented people who want to make a difference!
Let us know if you are interested, or maybe you may know someone? We offer a 500.00 referral bonus. Feel free to reach out with any questions!