Job ID: 4829
Applications Project Manager – 12 Months +
This consultant will report to the Sr. Director of Enterprise Applications. They will manage several projects related to the company pension system and business Intelligence data warehouse systems. We're looking for a very strong PM that can hit the ground running. Must speak perfect English and Excellent Communication Skills.
Apps background w full SDLC using Microsoft Technologies .NET, & VB.NET
The Project Manager performs project planning, project oversight, facilitation, and escalation of project issues, project execution leadership, and support of project staff. They help ensure the project meets deadlines and accurately document and report project status. Manages and oversees all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Must have the following skills, abilities and experiences, which includes but is not limited to:
- 5+ years progressive experience in software development, packaged application implementation, or infrastructure projects
- Highly organized and proactive in project management and execution
- PMP, CBAP, SCRUM Master, or other relevant training or certifications.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Project 2013 or equivalent tool
- Proven experience managing at project teams and managing/controlling project budgets greater than $1M
- Strong understanding of different software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) and their appropriate work artifacts and deliverables
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven ability to work with C-Level sponsors
- Strong analytical, leadership, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Health Insurance Claims processing and Pension processing (QNXT preferred)
- Experience identifying testing scenarios and documenting test cases, executing tests, and leading UAT
- Experience in team mentoring and coaching for business analysis and project execution
The primary job responsibilities of this role are initiating, planning executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing software development, packaged application implementation, or infrastructure projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Construct and manage project schedules, scope, and budget.
- Lead cross-functional team consisting of Software Dev, QA, Business SME’s, etc.
- Present project status to PMO and to project constituents
- Establish a relationship of trust and respect with team members and leadership.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage project priorities, resources, and objectives.
- Be responsible for initiating project kickoffs, partnering with various departments to construct project definition, risk management plan, schedule, and budget.
- Demonstrate success in team leadership, stakeholder management, process adherence, ownership/commitment, learning agility, and risk management capabilities.
- Understand, advocate, and mentor adaption and use of different Agile and non-Agile methodologies in correct context (projects).
- Motivate staff to overcome barriers and embody a culture to exceed customer expectations.
- Accountable for the delivery of business and technical requirements documentation
- Engage actively and contribute to project management standards within the organization.
- Collaborate with fellow project managers & PMO to optimize project management practices and processes.
- Assists with the documentation, coordination, and organization of production readiness
- Supports projects through all production and post production milestones (as needed)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in software/IT project management.
- 5+ years progressive experience in managing software development, packaged application implementation, or infrastructure projects
- PMP, CBAP, SCRUM master, and other relevant certifications are considered beneficial.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Project, Clarity, Innotas, Clarizen or equivalent tool.
- Proven experience leading and managing at medium sized project teams.
- Previous experience managing/controlling project budgets greater than $1M.
- Strong understanding of different software development methodologies and their appropriate applications (RUP, Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven ability to work with C-Level sponsors.
- Strong analytical, leadership, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.