Job ID: 5489
(3) Data Engineers w/Software /QA Testing background – Contract – 12 months+ Los Angeles (Remote)
What will you be doing?
Large volume of Data pipelines that feed into analytics, reporting, finance, accounting, content, etc. and ingesting that data from various pipelines and pods
* This team’s focus is to test the ingestion, translation, mutation of big data
* Creating and writing test cases for ETL pipelines and DW
* Working with Billions of billions of rows of data, need to know how to not "do harm" while testing
Update 8/13/21 Most Important:
* Strong DW experience, Testing and developing ETL pipelines (3-4 yrs)
* Java/Scala + SQL, Python experience would be great, but…
* Note: This is a role into quality/test, not so much an engineering role
What (on a resume) skills is our client looking for?
* Experience with Databases moving around using tools like Hadoop Cluster, Hive, Pig, Mapreduce
* Validation of aggregation of data
* If good enough SQL and DW, will train on programming
Questions for you to answer:
- How do you form test cases?
- How do you write test cases?
- ETL testing- Test strategies?
- 3-4 years ETL experience?
- Grew up w/ SDET experience, leading up to more heavy data warehousing, ETL, Big Data etc.
- Data Engineer who has passion for testing, knows how data lands and can test thoroughly, create test validations
- Experience with working in large, cross-functional teams
- Experience implementing test automation frameworks
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- A background in utilizing cloud computing services such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform (preferred)
- Ability to learn and rapidly adapt to change
Excellent analytical ability to understand business issues associated with business processes in terms of data, identifying root causes and recommending solution
Exceptional written and oral communication skills that translate across technical and business stakeholders
Independent, energetic, highly technical, and strive for results under pressure and ambiguity